Why do people volunteer their time?
- is good for mental health and aids employability
- increases confidence and self esteem
- enables people to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- gives people the opportunity to gain accreditation and certificates
- gives the reward of helping other people
About Volunteering for CAFS
We provide access to a range of volunteering opportunities to enable people to become more confident and build self-esteem, supporting them into further education, learning and employment.
Volunteers are welcome from all walks of life and all ages i.e. minimum 18 years old up to people well into retirement.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- family support (Befriending)
- buddying and mentoring for children and young people - helping them with school work, reading, literacy, numeracy
- administration/office work
- information technology
- marketing and promotions
“Strong stable relationships and families are indispensable to a strong and stable society”
Centre for Social justice: Breakthrough Britain July 2014
What we offer our volunteers
- initial training to prepare you to volunteer, as well as ongoing training and support
- supervision in order to take a look at how volunteering is working for you
- funded DBS checks
Take the next step to becoming a volunteer
If you think you would like to volunteer for our charity then please contact us (details on our contact page).
We will ask you to complete an application form and will then make an appointment to see you.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete training sessions on our rolling course.
Once you have completed the training you will be carefully matched with a child or family in need of support.
You will then visit that child / family on a regular basis at a mutually agreeable time.
We will be in regular contact with you to talk through how you are getting on and to offer support.
For other forms of volunteering i.e. admin, IT, fundraising, marketing and promotions, please contact the office where we will be able to advise whether we currently have any vacancies.
Forms can either be printed or downloaded to your own computer before completing and e-mailing back to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment