We are currently running the following two projects:
We provide fun activities & care for disabled children aged 0-10yrs at local venues and parks across the City and also extra activities for school age children in school holidays. We support & motivate children to take risks and explore new play opportunities, providing one to one or two to one individual support where needed. Transport may be offered to children who are unable to access activities themselves.
Here are a list of just a few of the activities that we provide:
- Dance with a qualified teacher at a local dance school
- Skiing with a qualified coach at Festival Park
- Multisensory play at Dimensions
- Pony riding
- Go carting
- Wall climbing with a qualified coach
- Welly walks at local parks
Children learn new skills, build confidence, learn to share and take turns, make decisionís, socialise, make new friends, learn the rules to games, count, be imaginative, access technology. It helps their communication & language development as well as their understanding of the world.
A few things parents have said about the Aiming High Project:"We have time to do something for ourselves or spend quality time with siblings etc"
"I feel less stressed, more able to cope with family life"
"My child has progressed so much from coming to the sessions"
"Swimming has brought my child on, he used to be afraid of the water"
"Seeing my childís face when he came back from swimming was priceless, I canít thank you enough"
Baby and Me is a new befriending service offering mothers (who experience, or are likely to experience postnatal depression), practical, emotional and social support on a one to one basis in their own homes.
The service offers a friendly face and opportunities to talk to others with life experience of post natal depression.
- Help to access the local PANDAS Support Group
- Guidance to improve mental wellbeing
- Regular emotional support to reduce isolation
- Guidance to build strong attachments and bonds with baby and the family
- Practical help and encouragement to access other services
- Signposting to other services and organisations